As Shamanic Animists, and friends of Earth Web Media, we believe…
1. Every thing has a Soul Energy (an incorporeal and immortal essence), is part of the sacred web of life, and is thus interconnected. Connection between plants, creatures, elements, ancestors, descendants, humans, minds, lives, spirits, bodies, beings, and souls is natural, and all are equal and part of the sacred whole.
2. Multiple states of consciousness/reality exist. We often call these states of consciousness the spirit world. There is a connection between the spirit and the physical world.
3. Each human has a natural ability to have direct access to their spirit world. No intermediary is needed.
4. Humans can connect with, and journey to, the spirit world at will. For thousands of years humans have connected with the spirit world for the purpose of: problem solving, spiritual healing of self and others, spiritual enlightenment, shamanic practice, tribal custom, oneness with the universe, exploring realities, retrieving ancient wisdom, nature communication, restoring balance and harmony in life, empowerment, integration, creating a meaningful life, healing for our environment, discovering places of power, story retrieval, and ancestral reconnection.
5. Tools and techniques facilitate communication and knowledge gathering from the spirit world. One technique is the use of rhythmic drumming (or other percussive instruments) between 220 and 260 beats per minute. This rhythmic pattern facilitates connection between the human and spirit world (which we call the Shamanic Journey). Other techniques are dancing, singing, ingesting/burning plants, altar building, movement, meditation, and trance. Tools include: drums, feathers for cleansing, crystals, music, medicinal plants for burning and ingestion, divinatory items, ritual regalia, candles, power songs, bells, and rattles.
6. Connection to non-ordinary reality can take place in waking and dreaming state, in the form of clairvoyance (seeing), clairsentience (feeling/touching), clairaudience (hearing/listening), clairalience (smelling), claircognizance (knowing), or clairgustance (tasting) messages.
7. Kin, spirit guides, teachers, ancestors, energetic entities, and benevolent beings exist in the spirit world. These beings also exist in our waking reality outside the range of our five senses.
8. A strong, trusting, and working relationship is maintained between benevolent spirit guides and humans. As humans explore sacred knowledge and remember wisdom of the spirit world, humans strengthen this relationship.
9. Ritual and ceremony are sacred acts that acknowledge and strengthen our connection with the spirit world and the sacred web of life. Gathering with other humans amplify our ritual and ceremony.
10. Humans are naturally sacred beings. In each human’s life there are important life passages to be honored with ritual and ceremony. Life passages are sacred timekeepers for one’s life in the community of humans and spirit guides. We honor the human body as the sacred companion for our Soul while incarnated on Earth. Our DNA connects us with All That Is.
11. The Earth is our home and all of Nature is our house of worship. We honor Earth’s Solstices, Equinoxes and Cross Quarter days as sacred timekeeping days of each solar year. We honor the full and new moons as sacred timekeepers for each month of the year. The seven directions (East, South, West, North, Above, Below and Center) create sacred space for all beings.
12. These beliefs and practices can help people restore their Soul from past soul wounds experienced or inherited. Restoring the Soul can lead to restoration of the sacred mind, body and spirit.
13. Gratitude and reciprocity is expressed in sacred circle for alliance, unity, and connection between the spirit and physical world, to maintain the balance of the sacred web of life.
IF YOU AGREE WITH THESE STATEMENTS, THEN MAYBE YOU TOO ARE A SHAMANIC ANIMIST.
Intellectual Property of Earth Web Media 2012. Credit when you use it! Link to us please.